Welcome to Ambassador Kids!
We hope that you’ll find our thriving kids’ ministry a nurturing and dynamic place where your children can know, love and serve Jesus. Here is some information to orient you to our ministry:
We exist to make kids devoted followers of Jesus and equip them to be Christ’s ambassadors to everyone everywhere by loving God, one another, and the world.
If you’re new to Ambassador Church, please fill out the online Ambassador Kids Registration Form prior to your visit.
We have programs for nursery-6th grade at both of our campuses during Sunday services.
9:00am Service @ Sunkist Campus / 701 S. Sunkist St, Anaheim, CA 92806
10:45am Service @ Brea Civic Center / 1 Civic Center Circle, Brea, CA 92821
Our Ambassador Kids ministry is driven by dozens of faithful leaders and helpers who serve in a month-on/month-off rotation (nursery excepted). Most of the leaders and helpers are parents of children in the ministry; a few are college students and young adults who are gifted in teaching and discipleship. With a growing ministry, we’re always in need of leaders, helpers, and substitute leaders. If you have an interest in joining our team, please contact Jamie Smith for a ministry application.
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
The biblical bases for Christian ministry are the Great Commandment (Matt. 22:37-40) and the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20). Thus, ministry to kids has these doctrines of the faith and discipleship practices at its core. The following values reflect the biblical values driving our multiethnic, family-oriented ministry.
(Jn. 1:1-18; Col. 1:15-20; Heb. 1:1-4)
Jesus of Nazareth is the only Lord and Savior of the world, the very Son of God who took on flesh, sacrificially died upon the cross for our sins, and rose from the dead. This is recorded in the infallible Word of God, the Bible. Christ’s sacrifice stands at the center of the biblical narrative and He reigns as the Head of the church, so we…
• teach Scripture with appropriate emphasis being placed on the centrality of Christ in the “Big God Story”
• consistently preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and provide opportunities for faith response
[Gen. 12; Jn. 1: 14; Acts 15; Eph. 2:14-22; Rev. 5:9-10]
God has purposed to bless all nations and include all ethnic groups in His eternal Kingdom. As followers of Jesus who are to preach and embody His message, His incarnation is a model for ministry. As we have been the beneficiaries of cross-cultural ministry, we seek to build bridges for the gospel that cross cultural divides by…
• cultivating appreciation for God’s creation of humanity, recognizing the imago Dei in every individual
• reaching out to ALL of our neighbors
• praying for and giving to the advancement of the Kingdom of God around the world
[Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Psalm 78:5-8]
We believe that the primary nurturers of faith in kids are the family and the church. Thus, we gather to help connect kids with God, but also provide opportunities for parents to be equipped to spiritually nurture their kids. We…
• equip parents with training and tools that will empower them to spiritually nurture their children
• promote and plan all-family faith experiences
[Matthew 18:1-6, 19:14; 1 Corinthians 3:2; Hebrews 5:12]
Jesus held children in unusually high regard. We value children by removing any hindrances that would keep them from learning about God and believing in Jesus for salvation. Thus, we…
• teach to a child’s developmental stage, cognitive development, attention span, and relational maturity
• make our learning environments safe and fun for kids, both inside and outside the classroom
Lydia Wildes, Ambassador Kids Ministry Director